How to Watch Hulu on Smart TV in Singapore (July 2021)
As one of the best video-on-demand (VoD) services in the market, Hulu has developed applications for all smart TVs, including Android TV, Fire TV, and Apple TV. However, if you’re wondering how to watch Hulu in Singapore on Smart TV, you’ll need a VPN.
Bear in mind though that smart TVs may come equipped with different OS, so each device’s setup process may be a little different. I have provided instructions for all the methods in this guide, so unblocking and watching Hulu should not be a problem anymore
📢 Scroll down to find out about recommended VPN choices and follow the instructions to watch Hulu in Singapore on larger screens.
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Smart TV [Overview]
Following are best streaming VPNs in 2021 for watching Hulu outside the United States:
- ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Hulu on Smart TVs. Preconfigured Router | Total Servers: 3,000+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.7 | Total Devices Supported: 5 | Split tunneling | 30-day money-back guarantee | 12-Month Plan for $6.67/month with 3 months free.
- NordVPN: Secure VPN for Hulu on Smart TVs. Preconfigured Router | Total Servers: 5,400+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.5 | Total Devices Supported: 6 | Split tunneling | 30-day money-back guarantee | Free trial available | 2-Year Plan for $3.71/month.
- Surfshark: Affordable VPN for Hulu on Smart TVs. Preconfigured Router | Total Servers: 3,200+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.3 | Total Devices: Unlimited | Split tunneling | 30-day money-back guarantee | Free trial available | 2-Year Plan for $2.21/month.
- PureVPN: Fast Streaming for Hulu on Smart TVs. Preconfigured Router | Total Servers: 6,500+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.8 | Total Devices Supported: 10 | Split tunneling | 31-days money-back guarantee | No free trial available | 2-Year Plan for $2.91/month.
- CyberGhost: Unblocks Hulu Seamlessly on Smart TVs. Preconfigured Router |Total Servers: 7,000+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.8 | Total Devices Supported: 10 | Split tunnelling | 45-day money-back guarantee | 3-Year + 3-Month Plan for $2.25/month.
How to Watch Hulu on Smart TV in Singapore
Watching Hulu on Smart TVs is a bit trickier than on PCs or Phones. Different brands use different OS (Operating Systems) for smart TVs; Android TVs, Apple TVs, and Fire Stick have their own operating systems.
For instance, Android TV uses Android OS with little modifications, Fire Stick uses FireOS, while Apple TV uses tvOS, which is the same as iOS with slight changes. So the process of accessing Hulu on these devices is different.
Below, I have explained each of these devices’ methods separately; you can only follow the one related to your device.
How to Watch Hulu on Android TVs in Singapore
To watch Hulu on Android TVs, subscribe to a secure VPN, and follow the following steps. I will recommend going with ExpressVPN.
- On Android TV, go to the “Play Store.”
- Check for “ExpressVPN” and download it.
- Complete the installation process.
- Run the ExpressVPN app on your Android TV.
- Connect to a server in the United States
- Visit the official Hulu website and enjoy streaming!
How to Watch Hulu on Apple TVs in Singapore
To watch Hulu on Apple TVs, subscribe to a secure VPN, and follow the following steps. I recommend going with ExpressVPN.
- Download & install the ExpressVPN app on your iOS device like iPad, iPhone, or Mac.
- Open the ExpressVPN app and connect to one of the servers in the US.
- Launch the Hulu app and airplay the video you want to watch.
(Your iOS device and Apple TV must be connected to the same network).
- Press the “Screen Mirror” tab and check on “Apple TV”.
- Enjoy your Hulu show on your Apple TV!
How to Watch Hulu on Firesticks in Singapore
To watch Hulu on Fire Stick, subscribe to a secure VPN, and follow the following steps. I recommend going with ExpressVPN.
- Start your Firestick Device and click on “Settings.”
- Select “Device” from the list and scroll down to “Developer Options.”
- Enable “Apps from Unknown Sources” and press “Turn On.”
- Go back to the home and search for “ExpressVPN” in the search bar.
- Click on the “Get” button and Open the ExpressVPN app.
- Connect to a recommended Hulu Server in the US.
- Launch the Hulu app and stream your shows instantly!
How to Watch Hulu on Smart TVs (Router Method)
Here is the more general way to watch Hulu on any of your Smart TVs. You will need a VPN; I will use PureVPN. Follow the following steps to get Hulu on Smart TVs using the “Router method.”
- Open your browser and enter “192.168.1.1” into the address bar.
- Go to the “Services” and click on the “VPN” tab.
- Open the “OpenVPN Client” section and click on “Enable.”
- After contacting your VPN support team, add the relevant settings.
- (Make sure that you have selected a US server)
- Connect your Smart TV to the VPN connected router.
- Go to the Hulu website and start bingeing your favorite shows!
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Smart TVs [Detailed Analysis]
If you want to unblock Hulu on your Smart TVs, you will have to get a VPN. Check out these recommendations on the best VPNs for Smart TVs, based on their router compatibility, server count, unblocking capabilities, pricing, and more!
1. ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Hulu on Smart TVs
Number of Servers: 3,000+ | Countries: 94+ | US Servers: 100+ | Maximum Devices Supported: 5 | Price: $6.67/mo for 12-Months + 3-Months Free
Based in the British Virgin Islands, ExpressVPN was founded back in 2011. It is highly secure and fast that can easily bypass geo-restrictions and access any blocked streaming site like Hulu on your Smart TVs.
You have different apps available for Android TVs on Play Store, Fire Stick devices on Amazon Apps, and Apple TVs via router application. Having 3000+ servers globally, ExpressVPN is the best choice to watch Hulu content with 4K resolution.
You can connect 5 devices simultaneously with a single subscription. PureVPN uses AES-256 encryption and is being audited and verified by Cure52 and PwC, security test companies in Switzerland.
- Inbuilt Speed Test feature
- Split Tunneling for more flexibility
- Strict No-Logs policy
- Headquartered in BVI, out of 15-Eye alliance
- Dedicated Trust Center to ensure security
- Simultaneous connections up to 5 Devices
- 30-Day money-back guarantee
- Expensive VPN for some users
- Speed Test is only available for Windows, macOS, and Android
Check out this detailed guide for accessing Hulu with ExpressVPN!
2. NordVPN: Secure VPN for Hulu on Smart TV
Number of Servers: 5,400+ | Countries: 59+ | US Servers: 1,800+ | Maximum Devices Supported: 6 | Price: $3.49/mo on a 2-year plan
Having headquarters in Panama, NordVPN was launched back in 2012. NordVPN uses double encryption to change your IP twice and provide you a double layer of protection over the network. This is a useful feature for privacy-conscious users who want additional security.
It also offers apps for Android TV on Play Store and Fire Stick on Amazon Apps. For Apple TVs, it uses a pre-configured router to access geo-blocked content on your Smart TV. NordVPN has established more than 5400 servers around the globe.
Hulu and other streaming services are continually coming with new techniques to block VPNs. NordVPN uses obfuscation technology that transforms VPN traffic into regular HTTPs to trick these streaming sites, and access blocked content on your device.
- Ultra-fast connection for your Smart TV
- Hundreds of secure P2P servers
- Double encryption for complete anonymity
- Dedicated IP addresses
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS Devices
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- Supports 6 devices simultaneously
- Hard to reach customer support
Check out this detailed guide for accessing Hulu with NordVPN!
3. Surfshark: Affordable VPN for Hulu on Smart TV
Number of Servers: 3,200+ | Countries: 65+ | US Servers: 500+ | Maximum Devices Supported: Unlimited | Price: $2.21/mo on a 2-year plan
Having its headquarters in BVI (British Virgin Islands), Surfshark was introduced in 2018. It is the cheapest VPN on our list, having all the advanced features of a premium VPN. In fact, despite being a newcomer, it goes head-to-head against top names like Express and Nord!
Surfshark has more than 3,200+ VPNs in 63+ countries, providing support for all the modern Smart TVs. You can download its application on Android TV from Play Store and Fire Stick from Amazon Apps. For Apple TV, Surfshark offers pre-configured routers to unblock geo-restrictions.
Surfshark supports unlimited devices. Besides Smart TVs, you can use it on other devices as well simultaneously. Its robust security features provide you complete anonymity on the network as reviewed by Cure53, a German cybersecurity firm.
- Budget-friendly VPN
- More than 20 US servers
- Supports unlimited devices
- No-log policy for complete anonymity
- Compatible with all types of Smart TVs
- Free trial available on iOS/Android for 7 days
- AES-256—CBC and AES-256—GCM protocols in use
- Based in BVI (British Virgin Islands), a secure place
- Kill Switch has to enabled manually
Check out this detailed guide for accessing Hulu with Surfshark!
4. PureVPN: Fast VPN for Hulu on Smart TV
Number of Servers: 6,500+ | Locations: 180+ | US Servers: 600+ | Maximum Devices Supported: 10 | Price: $2.91/mo on a 2-year plan
Having its head office in Hong Kong, PureVPN was established back in 2007. It is one of the best VPN that works flawlessly with Smart TVs. It has pre-designed apps for Android TV, Fire Stick and pre-configured router for Apple TV.
PureVPN is ranked highest as the most trusted VPN in 2021, with a rating of 4.8 on Trustpilot by 11,000 users as covered by the NEWSWIRE. It is compatible with all the Smart TVs regardless of the OS they are using, since the VPN will be setup on your Wi-Fi router.
In terms of connectivity, PureVPN has more than 6,500+ high-speed servers in 140+ countries. Besides having the premium features like Kill Switch, Split Tunneling, Dedicated IPs, and Leak Protection, It is a pocket-friendly VPN which works with all devices.
- 667 high-speed servers in North America
- Outside the 14-Eye block
- Military-Grade AES-256 Encryption
- Dedicated IPs and Split Tunneling
- Connect up to 10 devices simultaneously
- Apps available for almost every device
- “Popular Websites” menu for instant access
- 31-day money-back guarantee
- No Free Trial Available
Check out this detailed guide for accessing Hulu with PureVPN!
5. CyberGhost: Unblocks Hulu Seamlessly on Smart TV
Number of Servers: 7000+ | Locations: 90 | US Servers: 1084 | Maximum Devices Supported: 7 | Price: $2.75/mo on a 1.5-year plan
Having its headquarters in Romania, CyberGhost was established back in 2011. With 7000+ servers globally, it is the biggest VPN on the planet in terms of servers. It supports up to 7 devices simultaneously, which grants streamers the ability to stream on multiple devices including smart phones and Smart TVs.
Its dedicated server, “Optimized For Hulu,” lets you connect to the most appropriate server for streaming Hulu in Singapore on your Smart TV. It can unblock any geo-restricted website like Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer without any error, as endorsed by Forbes.
CyberGhost offers 4 packages; 1-Month Plan ($12.99/mo), 1-Year Plan ($3.99/mo), 2-Year Plan ( $3.49/mo) and 3-year + 3-Month Plan ($2.25/mo). All plans are backed by a generous 45-day money-back guarantee, which is the highest in the industry!
- Low Pricing Plans
- Easy to use interface
- Fast connections
- 7 simultaneous connections
- No-log policy
- Robust customer care service
- Not all servers work for torrenting
- Don’t use obfuscation technology
Check out this detailed guide for accessing Hulu with CyberGhost!
How to Watch Hulu On Smart TVs: FAQs
❔ Can I watch Hulu live on my smart TV?
Hulu Live TV is compatible with all the Smart TVs. You can watch your favorite Hulu shows on Android TV, Apple TV, Fire Stick, Samsung TV, and many more.
❔ Can I watch Hulu for free?
You can only avail its 30-day trial by subscribing for either ad-free or with ads package. You can simply remove the subscription before the trial period ends.
❔ How do I skip Hulu commercials?
No, you can’t skip Hulu commercials. The only way to avoid Hulu commercials is to buy the subscription plan free of ads.
❔ Does Hulu block VPNs?
The fight is on; Hulu has tracking methods to prevent VPNs from accessing its content by blocking their IP Address. But the premium VPNs are continually replacing their IP Addresses and coming up with new ways to bypass Hulu restrictions.
❔ Can I share a Hulu account?
You can download the Hulu app and activate your account on as many supported devices as you want. But you can stream Hulu from only two devices at a time. Compatible devices include Windows PC, Android Phones, iPhones, MacOS, Tablets, Roku, Fire Stick, Apple TV etc.
All modern Smart TVs are compatible with Hulu. If you want to access Hulu on Smart TVs, Get a VPN and follow the instructions related to the Smart TV you are using. If you still have any queries that need answering, feel free to ask in the comments section below!