How to Watch Hulu on iPhone in Singapore (Mar. 2021)
Hulu’s applications are available on almost every digital device including iOS devices like Mac, iPhone, and iPad. As you may know, the service is not available in Singapore, however, if you’re wondering “can I watch Hulu in Singapore on iPhone”, you will need a VPN.
Having more than 2,500 films and 1650+ TV shows, Hulu’s library is constantly growing with world-class originals and Live TV channels. For additional entertainment, streamers can also get add-ons including HBO Max, Showtime, Cinemax, STARZ, etc.
📢 Read about the best VPNs from the list below or follow the instruction to get Hulu on iPhone in Singapore.
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on iPhones [Overview]
- ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Hulu on iPhone. VPN Servers: 3,000+ | Trustpilot Score: 4.7/5 | Concurrent Streaming: 5 Devices | Free Trial: Yes | iPhone Compatibility: Yes | Best Plan: 12-Months @ $6.67/Month (+ 3-Months Free)
- NordVPN: Secure VPN for Hulu on iPhone. VPN Servers: 5,400+ | Trustpilot Score: 4.5/5 | Concurrent Streaming: 6 Devices simultaneously | Free Trial: Yes | iPhone Compatibility: Yes | Best Plan: 2 Years @ $3.71/Month
- Surfshark: Affordable VPN for Hulu on iPhone. VPN Servers: 3,200+ | Trustpilot Score: 4.3/5 | Concurrent Streaming: Unlimited Devices | Free Trial: Yes | iPhone Compatibility: Yes | Best Plan: 2 Years @ $2.21/Month
- PureVPN: Fast Streaming for Hulu on iPhone. VPN Servers: 6,500+ | Trustpilot Score: 4.8/5 | Concurrent Streaming: 10 Devices | Free Trial: No | iPhone Compatibility: Yes | Best Plan: 5 Years @ $1.32/Month | 31-Days Money-back Guarantee
- CyberGhost: Unblocks Hulu on iPhone Seamlessly. VPN Servers: 6,600 | Trustpilot Score: 4.8/5 | Concurrent Streaming: 10 Devices | Free Trial: Yes | iPhone Compatibility: Yes | Best Plan: 3 Years + 3 Month @ $2.25/Month
How to Watch Hulu on iPhone in Singapore
iPhone and android phone users can watch Hulu on their smartphones. The apps are available for the respective OS. But just downloading the app will not get you access as Hulu is restricted in Singapore. A VPN can help you counter this restriction.
Follow the steps below to set up a VPN connection on your iPhone and start binging your favorite shows!
- Get a recommended VPN for Hulu like PureVPN.
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Run the PureVPN app and login with your credentials.
- Select a US server from the list of locations available.
- Run the Hulu app and enjoy streaming your favorite programs!
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on iPhone [Detailed Analysis]
Here are our top 5 picks for the Best VPN for Hulu on iPhone, which are capable of bypassing Hulu’s advanced tracking algorithms. You can also access Hulu on Smart TVs including Apple TV and Fire TV with these VPNs.
1. ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Hulu on iPhone
Number of Servers: 3,000+ | Countries: 94 | US Servers: 100+ | Maximum Devices Supported: 5 | Price: $6.67/mo for 12-Months + 3-Months Free
Based in the British Virgin Islands, ExpressVPN is the highest-rated VPN on the app store with a rating of 4.5 based on 3,200 reviews. It has a firm no-logging policy and uses top-level military encryption methods to defeat hackers for leaking your sensitive information on the public network.
You don’t need to worry about your favorite Hulu shows while traveling around the globe. Its unlimited bandwidth and ultra-fast VPN servers are best for frequent travelers. It is the fastest VPN on the planet, offering 4K streaming.
- Internal Speed Test Feature
- 50+ US servers
- Split Tunneling
- Strict No-Log Policy
- Out of 14-eye block
- Dedicated Trust Centre
- supports up to 5 devices simultaneously
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Expensive VPN for many users
Check out this detailed guide for accessing Hulu with ExpressVPN!
2. NordVPN: Secure VPN for Hulu on iPhone
Number of Servers: 5,400+ | Countries: 59 | US Servers: 1,800+ | Maximum Devices Supported: 6 | Price: $3.71/mo on a 2-year plan
With its head-office in Panama, NordVPNs 5,400+ servers around 59 countries, let you explore a digital universe of unlimited possibilities. Buffering is the ultimate buzz-killer, NordVPN ensures an uninterrupted and Ultra HD streaming quality for its users.
Your online activity could be tracked, followed or even spied on. Surfshark’s double encryption through multiple servers helps you navigate safely on the web with complete peace of mind when using public Wi-Fi.
- Super-quick connectivity
- Hundreds of P2P protected servers
- Double Encryption
- Dedicated IP address
- 7 days of free trial is available for iOS devices
- Automatic Kill switch functionality
- up to 6 devices can be connected at a time
- Inconsistent service for the consumer
Check out this detailed guide for accessing Hulu with NordVPN!
3. Surfshark: Affordable VPN for Hulu on iPhone
Number of Servers: 3,200+ | Countries: 65 | US Servers: 500+ | Maximum Devices Supported: Unlimited | Price: $2.21/mo on a 2-year plan
Headquartered in BVI, Surfshark is the most affordable VPN, having state of the art server technology to defeat content restrictions for an unlimited online streaming experience. Its 3,200+ servers across 65 countries use obfuscation.
This lets you browse your favorite content including video, music, social media, sports, and more, from any part of the world. Your activity is vulnerable to hackers on public Wifis. Surfshark uses multi-hopping to reroute your traffic from multiple countries.
- Pocket-friendly VPN
- 20+ US optimized servers
- Located in the British Virgin Islands
- Strong no-log policy
- 7-Day Free iOS/Android Trial
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections on a single subscription
- AES-256—CBC and AES-256—GCM
- Broader auditing needed
- you have to set up the kill switch function manually
Check out this detailed guide for accessing Hulu with Surfshark!
4. PureVPN: Fast Streaming for Hulu on iPhone
Number of Servers: 6,500+ | Countries: 140+ | US Servers: 600+ | Maximum Devices Supported: 10 | Price: $1.32/mo on a 5-year plan
Based in Hong Kong, PureVPN is the highest-rated VPN on Trustpilot with a network of 6,500+ servers in more than 140 countries. These include optimized servers for streaming to deliver the best experience with buffer-free streaming.
With best-in-class encryption methods, your identity is always hidden from spammers and your traffic is routed to and from its destination through secret tunnels. Its mobile app for iPhones is highly interactive and with just one click, you can access Hulu in Singapore.
- 667 servers in the US
- 22 servers in Singapore
- Enterprise-level AES-256 Encryption
- Dedicated IPs and Split Tunneling
- 10 multi-logins supported
- Apps available for different device
- “Popular Websites” menu for instant access
- Paid 7-day trial
Check out this detailed guide for accessing Hulu with PureVPN!
5. CyberGhost: Unblocks Hulu Seamlessly on iPhone
Number of Servers: 7,000+ | Countries: 90+ | US Servers: 1,084 | Maximum Devices Supported: 7 | Price: $2.25/mo on a 3-year + 3-month plan
Headquartered in Romania, CyberGhost is also the highest rated VPN on the app store with a rating of 4.5. It has the biggest pool of servers around the globe, crossing the7,000+ mark in about 88 countries around the world.
It has dedicated servers for streaming, privacy, and torrenting, to access any content online, no matter where you are. It’s easy-to-use apps for mobile devices work seamlessly to deliver the best experience on the web.
- Low subscription cost
- user-friendly interface
- Quick connectivity
- multi-logins on up to 7 devices simultaneously
- Reliable customer support
- No use of obfuscation encryption
Check out this detailed guide for accessing Hulu with CyberGhost!
How a VPN Unblocks Hulu on iPhone
Streaming services like Hulu and Netflix have algorithms designed specifically to detect and track your location information to restrict your access to their content library. These algorithms are so sophisticated that even many online web proxies and even some weak VPNs wouldn’t be able to break their barriers.
A VPN or Virtual Private Network masks your IP address and reroutes your data through a series of secret tunnels to their connected server in the destination country. Then your desired request is completed through that server with their own local IP address and fetch the result from the website back to you.
Troubleshooting Hulu issues on iPhone
While accessing Hulu on iPhone you may run into some issues. These issues are not a big trouble and can be resolved by trying these fixes:
- Update The App: sometimes the version of the app you used was outdated and no longer supported on your iOS device. Best way to tackle this issue is by updating both Hulu and your VPN apps and try to watch Hulu again.
- Change The Server: It is possible that the server you’re connected to may have malfunctioned. Connecting with other compatible servers helps resolve the issue.
- Clear App Data: Clear the application data from your Hulu app and VPN app This technique sometimes works very well in resolving the issue.
- Reconnect The VPN: Disconnect the server and close your VPN app. Then run the app again and connect to a working server. This sometimes mysteriously works.
- Reinstall The Apps: If nothing above is working, you may wish to reinstall the apps for both Hulu and the VPN and try watching Hulu again.
How to Watch Hulu on iPhone in Singapore: FAQs
❔ Why is Hulu blocked in Singapore?
Hulu is only available in the US and a limited version in Japan. Due to the content geo-restriction imposed by the content producers, the use of Hulu is restricted in other regions of the world including Singapore..
❔ How does Hulu know your location?
Hulu’s algorithms are very smart. There are several places from where these algorithms fetch your device location information. These include your ISP, DNS data, browser cache and IPv6 Connectivity.
❔ How much does Hulu cost?
Hulu is currently offering the following packages for its users:
- Hulu (Ads) plan at $5.99/month
- Hulu (No ads) plan at $11.99/month
- Hulu (Ads) +Live TV plan at $54.99/month
- Hulu(No ads) + Live TV plan at $60.99/month
❔ How do I watch Hulu outside US on iPhone?
You can watch Hulu in Singapore or other countries other than the US with the help of a VPN. Follow these steps to bypass geo-restrictions and access Hulu on iPhone.
- Get a reliable VPN like PureVPN.
- Download and Install its app on your iPhone.
- Login with your VPN credentials.
- Connect to a US server.
- Open Hulu app and start binging right away!
❔ How do I sign up for Hulu in Singapore?
If you don’t have an American bank account, you wouldn’t be able to sign up for Hulu in Singapore. For that, you will need a Hulu Gift Card.
- Get a Hulu gift card from MyGiftCardSupply(you will get a code through email).
- Go to secure.hulu.com/start/gifting.
- Enter the code and fill in the required information.
- That’s it, You can watch Hulu now!
Hulu’s algorithms are even more sophisticated than Netflix. To watch Hulu on iPhone in Singapore requires the use of a reliable VPN. A VPN not just get you access to online restricted content but safeguard your identity and personal information from being tracked.