Can I Watch Hulu in Singapore with PureVPN?
Hulu is a joint venture of The Walt Disney Company, NBC, Fox Entertainment, and ABC, offering popular titles from the film industry while releasing originals at the same time. The best thing is you can watch your favorite shows within one day of their airing.
However, Hulu is not available to watch outside of the US. In order to access Hulu in Singapore, you’ll need a VPN. This is where PureVPN comes in handy; one of our top recommended VPNs for unblocking Hulu without any connectivity issues.
Being amongst the big players in the market, PureVPN tends to unblock every VOD service, which is put under geo-restrictions. If you’re wondering can I watch Hulu in Singapore with PureVPN, read through this guide to learn about the intricacies.
|Best Plan:||$1.32/mo on a 5-year plan|
|Max Servers:||6,500+ Servers in 140+ Countries|
|Simultaneous Connections:||10 Devices|
|Supported Resolution:||4K Quality|
|Other Platforms:||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sling TV, Disney+|
Why Use a VPN With Hulu?
Hulu hosts shows/films from the world’s best production houses. These production houses put restrictions on Hulu to show their content in the US only. Hulu has to comply with these rules and therefore restricts any unauthorized access from outside the US.
A VPN masks your IP Address and sends your data packets through one of its secure tunnels to its server in the US. In this way, it assigns you a US-based IP Address for fetching the Hulu content and display on your screen, bypassing all errors.
Does PureVPN Really Work With Hulu?
Hulu uses technologies like DNS hijacking, IP Address blacklisting, and DPI (Deep Packet Inspection) to detect and unblock proxies and VPNs from accessing its content. So, it is necessary to use a reliable VPN that can easily bypass content geo-blocks from Hulu.
Having 6,500+ servers in 140+ countries, PureVPN allows you to stream Hulu content in 4K video quality without any buffering or connectivity issues. With its dedicated “Hulu” servers you can unblock the VoD and stream its content at high-speeds. Its apps for Android/iOS let you stream Hulu shows on your smart phones and smart TVs.
PureVPN even uses obfuscation to reroute your VPN data in regular HTTP traffic, hence making it appear as if you are using a normal connection. Moreover, it uses AES-256 encryption, which is known as the standard military encryption for top-notch security.
They have a firm no-logs policy, which means they never store your information on their servers or in their databases. Their no-logs policy has been verified by KPMG and AltiusIT, both of which are prominent names in the security audits industry.
How to Watch Hulu with PureVPN
- Visit the PureVPN website.
- Click on the “Get PureVPN” button.
- Complete the checkout process and get a subscription.
- Now open PureVPN on your device.
(I’ll be using Windows app for demonstration)
- Click on the “Change” option and select “Stream Mode.”
- From the Dashboard, select the “Popular Websites” tab.
- Search for “Hulu” and connect to the “Hulu” server.
- Visit the Hulu website or open its app on your device.
- Enjoy bingeing your favorite show on Hulu with no privacy logs!
Hulu Not Working with PureVPN
PureVPN has a particular server “Hulu”, dedicated to unblocking Hulu, which worked perfectly fine every time I connected to it. But, still, if you run into an issue and can’t access Hulu with PureVPN, you can resolve the issue by trying one of the below fixes.
1. Preliminary Checks
The issue arises in some cases when you’re not connected to the working server somehow. Try contacting PureVPN support and ask for the servers that work with Hulu. When you have the list of recommended servers, try each one with the Hulu.
2. Check your IP Address
Sometimes you maybe not connected to the VPN and your IP address is not changed. Try checking for the IP address, if it is showing a server location near you and not a US server, that means you’re not connected with the VPN.
3. Flush your DNS
Your ISP uses your DNS data, which is sometimes cached in your computer. When you try to connect to Hulu, Hulu gets your location information from this data and blocks your access. What you can do to prevent this is by getting rid of this DNS cache.
- Disconnect the PureVPN and close its window.
- Press “Windows + R” on your keyboard to open the “Run” prompt.
- In the “Run” prompt, type “cmd” to open the command prompt.
- Type “ipconfig/flushdns” to remove the DNS entries and press enter.
4. Clear Browser Cache
When you surf the internet, the cookies and other information are stored in your browser cache. If you opened or tried to access Hulu before without a VPN, Hulu website may have stored its cookies in your browser with your location information.
- Disconnect the PureVPN and close its window.
- Press “Ctrl + H” in the browser window to open the history tab.
- Click on “Clear browsing data” at the left of the window screen.
- Check the “Caches” option, and hit the “clear data” button.
5. Disable IPv6 Connectivity
- Disable the PureVPN connection and close the program.
- Go to the “Run” prompt by pressing “windows + R” on your keyboard.
- In the “Run” prompt, type “ncpa.cpl” to open “Network Connections.”
- Find the network connection you’re connected with and open its properties.
- Uncheck the box right next to the “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” and press enter.
- Reopen the “Run” prompt and type and type “cmd”.
- In the command window, type “ipconfig/flushdns” to remove the DNS entries and press enter.
- Now rerun PureVPN and connect to a US server.
- Test it by streaming a video on Hulu.
Can I Watch Hulu In Singapore With PureVPN: FAQs
For the reader’s convenience, I have added below a couple of relevant questions regarding how you can unblock Hulu in Singapore with PureVPN!
❔ Can you watch Hulu in Singapore?
Hulu is not directly accessible in Singapore, due to the restrictions imposed by the production houses on streaming services like Hulu. There is an alternate way to access Hulu in Singapore through a VPN by connecting to a server in the US.
❔ Can I Use PureVPN for Hulu on other devices?
Yes, you can use PureVPN for Hulu on other devices. PureVPN allows you 10 connections simultaneously. You can use Hulu with PureVPN on Android phone, iPhone, Mac, Android TV, Apple TV, Firestick, and many more!
❔ Does PureVPN work with Hulu?
PureVPN does not just work with Hulu, but it also connects you to a dedicated server for Hulu to ensure the fastest speed Hulu streaming without any downtime or buffering issues.
❔ Why does Hulu not allow VPNs?
Hulu is only available in the US and Japan. Because of not having the license for showing content to the other parts of the world, Hulu won’t allow anyone, including the VPNs to access its content outside the permitted zone.
❔ How can I use VPN in Singapore?
- Get a VPN service like PureVPN.
- Download and install its app on your device.
- Open the app on your device and connect to a US server.
- Go to the Hulu website or open its app on your device.
- Select a title and enjoy blazing fast speed on Hulu!
Hulu is directly not accessible in Singapore. If you’re wondering “can I watch Hulu in SIngapore with PureVPN”, I would like to tell you that PureVPN works perfectly fine with Hulu in 4K streaming quality with blazing speed and no connectivity issues.