How to Watch Hulu on Apple TV in Singapore (May 2021)
Watching Hulu shows on Apple TV with its HDR video is another level of entertainment, but unfortunately, Hulu is not available outside the US. Therefore, if you are wondering how to watch Hulu in Singapore on Apple TV, you will need a VPN.
Apple TV offers you 4k video streaming with Dolby Atmos sound effects. It lets you watch movies and shows from some of the best VOD services like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. with more realistic colors and a three-dimensional sound system.
📢To access Hulu in Singapore or anywhere outside the US, get the best VPNs for Apple TV, and follow the instructions listed below:
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Apple TV [Overview]
Bypassing regional restrictions on streaming content is easy and quick through the use of following services because such VPNs are compatible to do so in 2021:
- ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Hulu on Apple TV. Preconfigured Router | Total Servers: 3,000+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.7 | Total Devices Supported: 5 | Split tunneling | 30-day money-back | $6.67/month for 12-Months + 3-Months Free.
- NordVPN: Secure VPN for Hulu on Apple TV. Preconfigured Router | Total Servers: 5,400+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.5 | Total Devices Supported: 6 | Split tunneling | 30-day money-back guarantee | Free trial available | 2-Year Plan for $3.71/month.
- Surfshark: Affordable VPN for Hulu on Apple TV. Preconfigured Router | Total Servers: 3,200+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.3 | Total Devices: Unlimited | Split tunneling | 30-day money-back guarantee | Free trial available | 2-Year Plan for $2.21/month.
- PureVPN: Fast Streaming for Hulu on Apple TV. Preconfigured Router | Total Servers: 6,500+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.8 | Total Devices Supported: 10 | Split tunneling | 31-days money-back guarantee | No free trial available | 5-Year Plan for $1.32/month.
- CyberGhost: Unblocks Hulu Seamlessly on Apple TV. Preconfigured Router |Total Servers: 6,600 | Trustpilot Rating: 4.8 | Total Devices Supported: 10 | Split tunnelling | 45-day money-back guarantee | 3-Year + 3-Month Plan for $2.25/month.
How to Watch Hulu on Apple TV in Singapore
Unlike many other Smart TVs, Apple TV devices don’t support VPNs. One has to rely on using VPNs or Smart DNS for unblocking Hulu and other VOD services in Singapore as most of these services are only available in the US. Apart from using Flash Routers, here are three methods for watching Hulu on Apple TV devices.
1. Watch Hulu on Apple TV With VPN (via AirPlay)
- Subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Download the ExpressVPN app for iPhone, Mac, or iPad.
- Run the app and sign in with your credentials.
- Connect to any US server or dedicated “Hulu” server.
- Go to the Hulu website or run your favorite show on the Hulu app.
(Make sure that your iOS device and Apple TV are connected to the same network.)
- Go to the “Screen Mirror” icon and select “Apple TV.”
(The video you played on your iOS device will be running on your Apple TV now.)
2. Configure a VPN with Wi-Fi Router
- Type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of your browser.
- Go to “Services” and click on the “VPN” button.
- Go to the “OpenVPN Client” section and Enable it.
- (Make it sure that you have selected a US server.)
- Connect your Apple TV to the Wifi Router and start watching Hulu Shows!
3. Use a SmartDNS Proxy on Apple TV
- Open the “Settings” menu on your Apple TV device.
- In the “General” tab, click on the “Network” option.
- Select “Wifi” and open “Ethernet.”
- Select “Configure DNS” from the list and set it to “Manual.”
- Enter the DNS Address from ExpressVPN or here.
- Click on the “Confirm” button.
- Go to the “Settings” tab again.
- Move to “General” settings and click on “iTones Store.”
- Go to the “Location” menu and select “United States” for the country.
- Set your Apple TV in “Sleep Now” mode and unplug its switch.
- Plug the switch back in and watch Hulu shows on your Apple TV!
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on Apple TV in Singapore [Detailed Analysis]
If you want to unblock Hulu on your Apple TV, you will have to get a VPN. Check out these recommendations on the best VPNs for Apple TVs, based on their router compatibility, server count, unblocking capabilities, pricing, and more!
1. ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Hulu on Apple TV
Number of Servers: 3,000+ | Countries: 94 | US Servers: 100+ | Maximum Devices Supported: 5 | Price: $6.67/mo for 12-Months + 3-Months Free
ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands, and currently, it is one of the leading VPNs in the market, offering unlimited bandwidth and speed. If you are looking to stream Hulu in 4k quality on your Apple TV, then ExpressVPN will be a good fit for you.
ExpressVPN supports almost every internet-connected device you may think of, from Windows to Mac, Android, iOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, and even Apple TV. You can connect up to 5 different devices simultaneously with a single subscription plan.
Its 3,000+ servers globally use trusted server technology to deliver the best speed possible with massive security measures. Express VPN’s servers run on the volatile memory Ram, which means they don’t store data on hard disks.
- Works flawlessly with Apple TV
- Steady 4K streaming with high speed
- Difficult to beat on protection and privacy
- easy to use apps for different devices
- Robust Customer service
- More costly than other VPNs
Check out this detailed guide for accessing Hulu with ExpressVPN!
2. NordVPN: Secure VPN for Hulu on Apple TV
Number of Servers: 5,400+ | Countries: 59 | US Servers: 1,800+ | Maximum Devices Supported: 6 | Price: $3.71/mo on a 2-year plan
NordVPN is the number one choice of users when it comes to high speed. It has more than 5400 servers globally, having multiple servers in almost every country. NordVPN is based in Panama, a safe location for people who have privacy concerns related to their online activity.
NordVPN uses double encryption through multiple channels to ensure that your online security must be protected at all costs. Its new protocol, “NordLynx,” enables you to remain highly secured while streaming videos at blazing fast speeds.
With NordVPN, you can connect up to 6 devices simultaneously. It has a rating of 4.5/5 on Trustpilot and has grown its fan base to over 8 million paid subscribers. 1-Month Plan: $11.95/mo | 1-Year Plan: $4.92/mo | 2-Year Plan: $3.71/mo
- Ultra-fast connection for your Apple TV
- Dedicated IP addresses
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS Devices
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- Supports 6 devices simultaneously
- Hard to reach customer support
Check out this detailed guide for accessing Hulu with NordVPN!
3. Surfshark: Affordable VPN for Hulu on Apple TV
Number of Servers: 3,200+ | Countries: 65 | US Servers: 500+ | Maximum Devices Supported: Unlimited | Price: $2.21/mo on a 2-year plan
Surfshark is relatively new but is gaining popularity among first-time users because of its affordable price, features, and supported devices. It supports unlimited devices per subscription if you want to use the smart phones, tablets, MacOS or any other device instead of Apple TV while you are outside of your home.
It has a feature named “Fastest Server,” which connects you with the fastest server near your location. Its loading time and video quality are optimal, and you won’t get any buffering issues while streaming videos online.
It also uses AES-256 encryption, known as the standard military encryption, the safest way to protect your data against any malware or phishing attempts. 1-Month Plan: $12.95/mo | 6-Month Plan: $6.49/mo | 2-Year Plan: $2.21/mo
- Includes smart DNS feature
- Unlimited multi logins supported
- Perfect for unblocking famous streaming VOD services like Netflix and Hulu
- Budget-friendly VPN
- Compatible with all Apple TVs
- Relatively smaller server network than other VPNs
Check out this detailed guide for accessing Hulu with Surfshark!
4. PureVPN: Fast VPN for Hulu on Apple TV
Number of Servers: 6,500+ | Locations: 180+ | US Servers: 600+ | Maximum Devices Supported: 10 | Price: $1.32/mo on a 5-year plan
PureVPN is one of the oldest VPNs in the market, officially launched in 2007. It is based in Hong Kong, which is out of the bounds of 14-eye surveillance countries. Moreover, it does not store any of your online activity, as endorsed by Forbes and audited by AltiusIT, CISA, CRISC, and CISSP.
It has 667 servers in the US alone with a dedicated server feature “Hulu” that allows you to watch Hulu instantly. Your online activity is always protected from hackers, spies, or any other phishing attempts with its military standard encryption technology.
Having a rating of 4.8/5 from over 1,100 customer reviews on Trustpilot, it is the choice of more than 3 million users. It can be easily configured with your router or iOS device to unblock Hulu on your Apple TV, minus any hassles or streaming errors.
- Dedicated server for unblocking Hulu
- Featured rich VPN
- Pre Configured Router for Apple TV
- No logging policy
- Hong Kong (Safe Location)
- Missing Free trial
Check out this detailed guide for accessing Hulu with PureVPN!
5. CyberGhost: Unblocks Hulu Seamlessly on Apple TV
Number of Servers: 6,600 | Countries: 88 | US Servers: 1084 | Maximum Devices Supported: 7 | Price: $2.25/mo on a 3-year + 3-month plan
Cyberghost is again an affordable choice when it comes to the featured-packed VPNs. Its server pool of 7000+ servers is the biggest amongst all the VPN services in the market. It is reviewed highest of 4.8/5 ratings by 10,000+ users amongst top VPNs.
CyberGhost has included the two fastest VPN protocols, L2TP and IKEV2. Based on your search activity, it automatically detects and selects the right protocol for you. It has got 48 high-speed servers in Singapore and 1053 in the US.
CyberGhost masks your IP Address and reroutes it through a secret tunnel by using AES-256 encryption, which is the industry standard for ultimate privacy protection. It also offers a dedicated IP which is exclusively assigned to you.
- Low Pricing Plans
- Easy to use interface
- Fast connections
- 7 simultaneous connections
- No-log policy
- Robust customer care service
- Not all servers work for torrenting
- Don’t use obfuscation technology
Check out this detailed guide for accessing Hulu with CyberGhost!
How to Watch Hulu on Apple TV in Singapore: FAQs
❔ Does Hulu come free with Apple TV?
No, Hulu does not come free with Apple TV. You need to purchase a subscription plan from the Hulu website. Most Smart TVs have Hulu apps preinstalled in their system, but if your Apple TV doesn’t have one, you can easily download it from the App Store.
❔ How do I sign up for Hulu in Singapore?
To sign up for Hulu in Singapore, you will need a US bank account. If you don’t have one, you can also use a Hulu Gift Card to purchase a subscription.
❔ Can I share a Hulu account?
You can access Hulu on as many devices as you want. Just download the app for the relevant device and start playing videos on it. But you are restricted to use only two devices simultaneously.
❔ Is VPN legal in Singapore?
Yes, VPN is legal to use in Singapore unless you indulge in suspicious activities like unblocking content banned by your government.
❔ How do I put Hulu on my Apple TV?
Hulu app is available for a variety of Apple TVs. Ensure that your Apple TV model is supported and follow the following steps to get a Hulu app on your Apple TV device.
- Visit the “App Store.”
- Go to the “search” and type “Hulu.”
- Click on the “Hulu” app.
- Select “Get,” and it will start downloading on your Apple TV.
(Give the password if requested.)
While your Apple TV allows you to watch videos in HDR, why not use VOD services like Hulu that provide you with the most popular shows and its originals in 4K quality. On Hulu, your favorite shows are available within one day of their airing.
You can watch these shows directly on your Apple TV, but you will need to configure a VPN with it. Follow any of the above methods to set your Apple TV to access Hulu and enjoy streaming some of the industry’s best titles.